The leadership team have built up our expertise with over 60 years combined experience and we plan to develop successful wind, solar and energy storage renewable energy projects in Australia.We have a pipeline of high potential wind and solar projects under development across Australia and we are always on the search for more potential project sites.
There is a lot of work behind the scenes in the development of a wind or solar farm, and we want to ensure that when we announce a project, we feel that it has a good chance of being successful.
The following steps need to be completed to develop a successful project:
- Lacour Energy uses our experience to select specific regions to do a detailed search for high potential project sites.
- A detailed site search looks at wind and solar resource, electricity network capacity, environmental protected areas, and the current land use.
- Once a possible site is identified, Lacour meets the landowners to see if they would be happy to host a project.
- Once landowner leases are agreed, a feasibility study to assess the benefits an impact of any project. Typically a project would be announced near the beginning of this process.
- The feasibility and approval process for a project typically takes 18 to 36 months, with all key environmental, technical, social and economic issues being assessed.
- Once the project development is complete its time to build, which typically takes between 12 and 24 months, depending on the project size.
- A project will be operational for around 25 years without needing to have any major refurbishments.
The Clean Energy Council has produced a fantastic guide for communities that can be download here.
Clarke Creek Wind and Solar Farm - 1200 MW
The project feasibility was started in 2016 and was completed with the acquisition by Squadron Energy – the energy division of Tattarang – in February 2022. Construction of Stage One will begin in March 2022.
Kondinin Wind and Solar Farm - 290MW
Lacour initiated the development if this integrated Wind, Solar and energy storage project and has received all the necessary approvals.
Banana Range Wind Farm - 280MW
Lacour identified and have undertaken feasibility of this 50 wind turbine project with a power output of approximately 280MW which may include large-scale battery storage.